Thursday, May 23, 2013

And the winners are….

When the new computers were installed at both Union Tower facilities several weeks ago, Union Tower decided to raffle off the seven “7” computers to residents as a fund raiser, selling chances for $5 each…and this week drawings we held and we have our winners…I’m sure I speak for all residents when I thank Arthur Ross, Denise Moloney and everyone else involved in this generous decision…

Congratulations to everyone who won - we hope you will enjoy your computer and of course we hope you'll join us in computer classes so you can use your new equipment to it's fullest capacity...

UT II – 14 chances were sold and the three “3” winners for the “3” computers were:
Rose Hatfield
Elaine Mullen
Ed Fallon

UT I – 21 chances were sold and the four “4” winners for the “4” computers were
Jim Morgan
Barbara McDermott
Florence Parnell and
Betty Sullivan who won the 4th computer but asked that we draw another name – and the lucky winner was Paul Main who in turn gave it to Angela DiVirgilio

I also want to personally thank Bob Donovan who donated countless hours getting these "7" computers ready for the raffle.  Not only did Bob have to remove these computers from both facilities and all their peripheral hardware (towers, monitors, keyboards & mice) - but he then cleaned and updated them and then brought them all back Monday & Wednesday this week and set them up for the drawings – a monumental task and all in his “spare time” which I know is very limited…  As always, Bob went above & beyond and I know I speak for everyone when I say “thank you, thank you, thank you" …Cherie Houston

No comments: