Monday, January 18, 2010

Free Anti-Virus & Spyware software

www.avg.com – The one I’ve used for years and have great faith in

www.moonsecure.com – This free antivirus program installs easily, updates frequently and continually monitors your system; it was noted also in the fall 2009 issue smart computing magazine…

There are others out there, such as: TrendMicro Systems, WinFixer and others but I’ve not heard great things about them – so ask around & do your homework before you use them

ON LINE BACK OF YOUR COMPUTER (Documents, pictures, music etc..) Two companies come to mind:

www.carbonite.com and www.mozy.com

Personally, I use Carbonite and find it the least expensive, because I have so much to back up (over 200GB); their annual flat rate now is $54.95 – which is insignificant if everything was ever lost or corrupted……it backs up continually (behind the scenes) so no matter how & when I add work, etc to my PC it’s backed up without thinking about it… never have to worry about my computer crashing. So check them both out - do the math decide which is best for you..

No comments: